As a health coach, I’m always asked about my daily habits – the things I do every day to keep my body, mind and spirit strong and healthy.
And, since this is the time of year for creating new rituals, goals and routines, I thought it would be fun to give you a quick run down of my daily non-negotiables – when it comes to health and wellness.
These simple little habits – when done often – can have a big impact on not only your health, but your life. What you do today (on this very first day of the new year!) sets the tone for the 365 days that follow. So, to kick off 2018, I challenge you to pick ONE new healthy habit that you can add into your day today and continue building on for the rest of the year.
Habits of a Health Coach
In the morning I…
- Write in my gratitude journal
- Drink warm water with a squeeze of lemon
- Have one cup of coffee (sugar-free!) with nut or soy milk
- Read something short and inspiring
- Meditate for 20 minutes
- Take care of my skin (either with a face mask, ice rolling or skin brushing)
- Workout for 30 – 90 minutes (incorporating a mix of cardio, strength training and yoga)
- Eat breakfast (my go-to’s include: homemade granola, smoothies, oatmeal or overnight oats)
In the afternoon I…
- Take vitamins for extra insurance (a multi-vitamin, B12, Biotin, D3 and C)
- Have a spoonful of Fire Cider
- Drink one Golden Green Tea or Kombucha
- Eat lunch (usually leftovers from the night before or a quick salad with roasted veggies)
- Sip on water all afternoon (at least a liter)
- Focus on my MIT’s (most important tasks of the day) and turn off all phone and computer notifications to avoid distractions
- Practice being mindful, intentional and optimistic in every situation (this is an ongoing work in progress, but it makes a huge and positive impact on my day when I do practice them)
- Time-chunk my to-do list for the next day
In the evening I…
- Cook a healthy dinner that includes greens…steamed sautéed, raw, cooked – you name it!
- Take a probiotic and fish oil
- Drink another liter of water
- Go for an after-dinner walk with Saul and the pups or do a relaxing evening yoga practice
- Read or listen to a podcast for 30 – 60 minutes
- Get to bed no later than 10:00pm and aim for 8-9 hours of good sleep
So, there it is…my list. Pretty do-able, right?
Taking care of yourself each day is so important – it’s the key to feeling amazing and living your best and healthiest life – and it doesn’t have to be impossible.
Let 2018 be the year that you nourish your body, mind and spirit with lots of nutritious food, movement, positive thoughts, relaxation, quality sleep and self-care.
And of course if you already have your healthy habits firmly established (YAY!), I’d love to hear all about them in the comments.
What daily routines do you stick to? What are your non-negotiables when it comes to health and wellness? Do you have any go-to’s? Let me know, down below!
Wishing you the Happiest New Year!
P.S. Ooh and one more thing! When it comes to health, wellness and weight loss, eating better is half the battle! If you’re ready to eat like a health coach this year, and feel your absolute best, check out my 28-Day, meal plan –> RIGHT HERE <–.
This meal plan is a game-changer that teaches you how to Nourish Yourself from the inside out, with easy, delicious, wholesome meals and snacks, done-for-you shopping lists and prep plans, and weekly encouragement and support along the way. Make 2018 the year you EAT, FEEL and LIVE BETTER than ever before!