Butter Bean Citrus Bowl
- 1 cup tri-colored quinoa, cooked according to package
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1-tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, stir the avocado, lime juice, olive oil, paprika and cayenne powder (if using) – season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, warm the avocado oil.
- Add the butter beans and season with salt and pepper; cook until heated through, 3-4 minutes.
- To the pan, add the green onions and pumpkin seeds and cook until onions are soft, about 2 minutes more.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a bowl and top with butter bean mixture, avocado salsa, orange and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!