Green Beans Almondine
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp toasted almond slices
- Heat dry skillet over medium heat and toast almond slices about 3-4 minutes, until golden. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add vegan butter or olive oil over high heat. Once heated, add shallot slices and turn to medium-low heat. Cover the skillet and cook shallots until caramelized, stirring frequently throughout the cooking process. This should take approx. 15 minutes until the shallots are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water – enough to cover the green beans. Once boiling, add the beans and cook for 3-4 minutes until the green beans are tender and bright green.
- Drain the green beans and transfer to the skillet with the caramelized shallots. Toss to combine.
- Add in the lemon juice, salt and pepper and heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer green beans to a serving dish or platter and top with toasted almonds.