I love getting my greens on, but sometimes I crave a little more crunch…and regular ol’ leafies just won’t cut it.
Enter: My Nutty Slaw Salad. It’s super crunchy, extremely delicious and one million percent good for you!
Nutty Slaw Salad
For the salad:
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (I use a mix of purple and green)
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup mix of pumpkin seeds and pine nuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, to top
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of organic peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ of lime, juiced
- Optional: dash of hot sauce or diced jalapeño for a bit of heat.
- Wash and prep all of your veggies and toss them together in large bowl.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle your desired amount of dressing over your slaw salad and top with cilantro, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts and sesame seeds.
BONUS IDEA: Add edamame, cooked quinoa or grilled tempeh for an extra punch of protein.
This salad is great on its own, paried with grilled veggies, or as a mayo-free coleslaw for your next BBQ.
I hope you love it! Let me know what you think in the comments below!