Is it just me or is anyone else obsessed with roasting beans? If you’ve checked out my meal plan, you likely know all about my roasted cannellini bean obsession.
But long before the cannellinis, there were chickpeas.
Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks. They’re easy to throw together, they have that crispy crunch of a potato chip and they’re super versatile because you can make them salty or sweet, depending on your mood.
Plus they’re a great source of fiber, protein and tryptophan (an amino acid that helps produce serotonin – the “feel good” hormone), so you can snack guilt-free.
If you’re a “give-me-all-the-crunchy-salty-snacks” kind of person, then these are for you!
- 1 15oz can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) or your favorite herbs and spices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, toss chickpeas with olive oil, salt, black and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes, until golden and crispy.