I love when the holidays are over!
Not because I hate all of the merriment…or the Christmas cookies…or the sumptuous feasting (I like these things…a lot!) And…jeez…I’m not a monster.
But as much as I enjoy the eating, drinking and celebrating, I equally enjoy the post-holiday-return-to-normalcy-dance – where after taking a few steps back (nutritionally speaking), I waltz forward with something like this…
Now, I know that the post-holiday-detox-smoothie may be cliché, but there’s certainly a place for it.
So, if cookies and cocktails happened really well for you this season, and you’re feelin’ like now’s the time to start fresh, this one’s for you.
Detoxifying Green Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk or coconut water
- ½ of an apple, chopped
- ½ of D’Anjou pear, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of ½ lime
- 4 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ cup of ice
OPTIONAL SUPERFOOD ADD-IN’S:
- 1 tablespoon of Acacia Fiber powder
- 1 teaspoon Mushroom Matcha Drink Mix (I use Four Sigmatic brand)
- 1 teaspoon Maca or Moringa powder (or both!)
- Combine all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink as is or top with hemp and/or chia seed for an extra punch of protein, healthy fat and fiber!
As you may have noticed, I’ve crammed all the detox-y fruits, vegs, herbs and add-ins into this little green goddess – so it’s packin’ all the powerfully nutritious things to help restore your digestive balance, boost your immunity and replenish your electrolytes.
But that’s enough of the science-y stuff, tell me about YOU.
Did you have a good holiday season? What did you do…or indulge in? And how do you feel now that it’s all over?
Let me know down in the comments below.