Get some sleep. Drink lots of liquids. Down a big bowl of soup…just like this…
I like taking preventive measures.
So, even when I’m not sick, I use this powerful cold-fighting formula (rest + hydration + nourishment) to keep my immune system in tip-top shape.
But…when I AM feelin’ under the weather, Lemon Noodle Soup is my sick-day go-to.
It’s sooo comforting and probably the easiest soup you’ll ever make.
With minimal ingredients and little effort, it’s not only fool proof, but it’s also the ideal meal for when you have zero energy to cook.
Think chicken noodle soup, sans chicken and loaded with strength-boosting veggies and anti-inflammatory herbs instead.
And the real secret to hydrating and healing your body is in the zesty, lemon-y, vitamin-rich broth – which is packed with nutrients and instantly makes you feel all warm and cozy.
Drinking it by the cupful is perfectly acceptable and highly recommended.
Lemon Noodle Soup
- 4 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 4 celery stalks, sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 cups of fusilli noodles
- 1 lemon
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Then add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic, sautéing until veggies are soft and onion is translucent.
- Mix in the spices and nutritional yeast and stir to combine.
- Add the veggie broth and noodles.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, until the noodles are al dente.
- Then zest the lemon and add the juice of the lemon to the soup.
Sick or not, a bowl of this soup is definitely a pro move to prevent and get rid of colds.
So, keep it in your arsenal of immune-boosting remedies and whip up a batch as soon as you (or someone in your house) feel the sniffles comin’ on.
Now all ya need is a nap! 😉
P.S. After you’re souped up and rested, let me know what you think! Or tell me about the recipes and/or remedies that you use to squash the sickies.