Did ya ever wonder what would happen if you shoved a pumpkin pie into the blender and pushed go?
It would probably look something like this…
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and assume that I’m not the only person who enjoys sweet dessert-like concoctions for breakfast…especially on Halloween morn.
And since burying my face in a bag of candy is a temptation I try to avoid this time of year, this Maple Pecan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is the perfect alternative.
It tastes just like creamy, velvety, delicious pumpkin pie batter, but with a hint of maple and a touch of pecan…which IMO is a MORE than acceptable way to begin every day from now til’ Thanksgiving.
And what’s a pie without a crust?
Pudding, maybe. But that’s not what we’re going for.
So, I top this pie-like smoothie with all the crust-like things – more nuts, more seeds and a heavy hit of granola.
If you do it up like I do, ya might wanna ditch the straw and grab a spoon.
Maple Pecan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg and a pinch of ground ginger, ground cloves and all-spice)
- ½ cup of ice
- Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with pecans, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds or granola.
- Slurp it down!
In all seriousness, pumpkin pie is delicious and breakfast is mandatory, so this smoothie just makes all kinds of sense.
After you’ve tried it, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Did ya like it? What’s your take on dessert-y thangs for brekkie? You dressing up for Halloween? If so, what are you gonna be?
Let me know.
And most importantly, whatever you do, have a safe and happy Halloween!