Mashed potatoes, whipped cauliflower, stuffing and biscuits, all very scrumptious stand-alone side dishes, but drench those bad boys in gravy and look out…mouths will water.
It’s true. Gravy is like liquid gold, whatever it touches becomes a little (okay, a lot) more delicious…and that’s precisely why no holiday meal is complete without it.
But finding a healthy gravy recipe, that satisfies everyone’s dietary preferences and restrictions (ie. gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan), and still tastes a-m-a-z-i-n-g, can be just as challenging as striking gold.
My Vegan Gravy hits every mark and it’s incredibly easy to make. With just a few ingredients, a blender and a small pot, you’ll have the most delicious, healthy, gluten-free Vegan Gravy in ten minutes, tops.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ tbsp vegan worcestershire
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan and over medium to high heat, bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and continue to whisk until thickened.
- Add up to a ¼ cup of water until desired consistency is reached.
Once you’ve had a chance to try this recipe – and you’ve come out of your gravy coma – I’d love to hear whatcha think! Did it float your gravy boat? What did you serve it with? Did you share it? 😉 Tell me all about it in the comments below.