Let’s be honest…
Making a meal that the whole family l-o-v-e-s, is like striking food gold.
So, when my meat eatin’ hubby told me that he was obsessed with my black bean burgers, I knew I had hit it big!
Wanna know what’s even more exciting?
These burgers are…
- 100% healthy, 1000% not sucky
- super hearty (translation: they’re not mushy and they don’t fall apart!)
- packed with flavor
- a complete plant-based protein
- extremely easy to make
- and are seriously, deliriously delicious
Suddenly feeling hungry?
I thought that might happen. 🙂
Black Bean Burgers
1 15-oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups of cooked brown rice
¼ of red onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1 jalepeno, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 tbsp of ground flaxmeal
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp of cumin
½ tsp of paprika
Sprinkle of crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper for extra heat (optional)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor until combined, leaving some chunks for texture.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions and form burgers.
- Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Once you’ve tried them, I’d love to know whatcha think!
Conversation sparks inspiration, so share your thoughts in the comment section below!
P.S. Not feelin’ burger-y?
Try this recipe Mexican meatball-style.
Just roll the black bean mixture into balls, bake and serve with lightly sautéed sweet potato noodles and a drizzle of my Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing.
You’re so right! I made these burgers for dinner last night and my WHOLE family (of picky eaters) LOVED them! Thanks for the yummy recipe!
You’re so welcome! Glad they were a hit! 🙂