Brown Rice & Lentil Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice*
- 1 1/3 cup cooked green lentils*
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add rice, lentils, carrot, and parsley; stir to combine.
*If you don’t have already cooked brown rice and lentils, cook as follows:
- Combine and rinse 2/3 cup brown rice and ½ cup lentils.
- Bring 2 1/3 cup water to boil. Once water is boiling, add rice and lentils.
- Cover and simmer on low for 35 minutes. Fluff with fork and let cool completely.