You don’t have to be a canning expert or a jelly-makin’ whiz kid to whip up your own batch of homemade jam.
Remember when I shared my grandma’s legendary Rhubarb & Strawberry Jam recipe with you?
That family fave demonstrated how goof-proof and effortless it is to transform a few simple ingredients into a scrumptious, slatherable spread.
Today, I’ve got an equally delicious, equally easy jam recipe to share!
It combines my all-time-favorite summer fruit – CHERRIES – with my number one go-to absorbable seed – CHIA (the plant-based king + creator of all the gelatinous things, like this Pudding) – to produce a perfectly sweet and pleasing preserve.
Cherry Chia Jam
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 tablespoons coconut sugar (or sucanat or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat small pot over medium heat.
- Add the cherries and coconut sugar and warm.
- Transfer cherry mixture to a small food processor and process until the cherries are broken into tiny pieces and the cherry juice is extracted.
- Spoon cherry mixture into a bowl or mason jar and stir in the chia seeds and sea salt. Cover and refrigerate to thicken.
- In the morning, enjoy your jam on oatmeal, pancakes, toast or crackers.
If cherries aren’t your jam (pun-intended), go ahead and you-ify things by using your favorite berries, stone-fruit and/or sweetener.
Then, after you’ve made it and tried it, let me know how you liked it!