Sometimes the best things happen when you make a “mistake”. Case and point: this beautiful Green Smoothie Bowl.
The other day I was blending my morning smoothie when I realized that I didn’t have enough almond milk to make my usual “sip-able” smoothie.
Since the consistency was way to thick for a straw, I decided to eat my smoothie…like ice cream…in a bowl…with a spoon…and loaded with toppings!
See what I mean? A mistake gone right.
This Green Smoothie Bowl was a good reminder that slip-ups are only a bad thing when you don’t adjust to (or learn from) them.
I easily adjusted to this one and learned that I want to eat smoothie bowls waaay more often!
So, cheers to mess-ups, not having enough almond milk and creating this delicious bowl of goodness…by mistake!
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 4 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ avocado
- 3 strawberries (tops removed and quartered)
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed or flaxmeal
- 1 cup of ice
- Sliced fruit
- Dried fruit (goji berries, mulberries, cranberries, golden raisins or chopped dates)
- Chopped nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Nut or seed butter
- Hemp or chia seeds
- Sprinkle of cacao or dark chocolate chips
- Drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
Do you have any food “mistake” turned masterpiece stories to share? If so, I’d love to hear all about them in the comments below!