No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Bars
For the Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond or cashew butter
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Coconut whipped cream for topping (optional)
For the Crust:
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 3 ½ tbsp maple sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut butter
- Prepare the crust by combining the pecans, maple sugar, salt, cinnamon and chipotle powder (if using) in a food processor and processing until blended.
- Add the coconut butter and process until the mixture is finely minced, but not a paste. The consistency should resemble a graham cracker crust.
- Using your hands, press the mixture evenly and firmly into a 8×8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper and set in fridge to allow the crust to harden.
- Wipe out your food processor, replace blade and add the dates – process until dates turn into a sticky paste. If a ball forms, just break apart with your hands.
- Add the remaining pumpkin filling ingredients to the food processor and blend until mixture is completely smooth and well-combined.
- Take crust from fridge and pour pumpkin pie filling over it. Use a spatula to spread the filling evenly over top.
- Place dish back in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight (which is my preferred length) to allow the bars to firm and set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge, cut the bars and serve. Top each with a dollop of coconut whipped cream for serving.
NOTE: Leftovers can be stored refrigerated for up to 4 days.