Pumpkin Seed Muffins
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon flax meal + ¼ cup of warm water (to make flax egg)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup of unsweetened oat or almond milk
- 2 teaspons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds, to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or grease muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flax and water to make flax egg. Set aside for 5 minutes to gel.
- Then stir in the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, non-dairy milk and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add in all of the dry ingredients – except the chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds – and stir until all ingredients are combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Top muffins with pumpkin seeds and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to rest for 10-15 minutes. Then ENJOY!