Are you a pumpkin lover that likes to sleep in?
If you’re nodding yes, but wondering what these two things have to do with each other?
Let me show you…
Say hello to my easy AF, Quinoa Pumpkin Porridge. All you need is 5 minutes the night before to make a nourishing, pumpkin-y breakfast that requires no time in the morning.
With my yoga teacher training in full effect, I’ve been relying on this grab-and-go-breakfast to power me through six hours of learning.
It’s not only a breeze to whip up in advance, but it’s also filling and delicious!
Quinoa Pumpkin Porridge
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla protein powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- Chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- After about 10 or 20 minutes, stir the porridge – this prevents the chia seeds from clumping – then cover and return to the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and chopped pecans.
So there you have it…a super simple, nutrient-dense (pumpkin, quinoa, oats and chia seeds are packed with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals) breakfast that tastes like pumpkin pie AND lets you hit the snooze button as often as you’d like.
As always, once you’ve tried it, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.