It’s PIZZA night!
These three words make me seriously happy!
Few things are better than a crispy, bubbly crust piled high with veggies and sauce.
And I love how pizza goes hand in hand with a good time. Game night, date night, late nights…they’re all better with pizza.
Chances are that you feel the same way (or at least I hope you do), but maybe you’re a little less excited about it these days because you’re laser-focused on eating better and losing weight.
I get it. Pizza and “healthy” don’t usually go together…but sometimes they do.
My Veggie Pesto Pizza is one that you can get excited about. It’s slice after slice of deliciousness and it’s good for you too!
If you’re looking for a short cut, you can use a store-bought whole grain crust. You can even buy store-bought pesto…but this one is so simple, you really won’t need to.
Veggie Pesto Pizza
- 11 oz Water
- .3 oz yeast
- .3 oz salt
- 21 oz bread flour
- Mix all together in stand mixer for 6 minutes on low/medium speed. Place dough in oiled bowl and cover.
- Cold ferment in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Divide into 4 balls. Roll out dough. If you’re not using all the dough, you can place it back in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Preheat cast iron pan on stove. Place dough on preheated pan, transfer to broiler. Broil for 4-5 minutes. Return to stove to crisp up the bottom.
- 2 4-oz packages of fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients into large food processor or high-speed blender and blend to desired consistency.
- If the pesto is too dry, add more olive oil.
Top the pizza crust with the pesto, sliced heirloom tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted bell peppers and fresh arugula or use your favorite toppings!
Now it’s your turn. I’d love to know what you think about this recipe…or about pizza in general!
Just comment below and let me know! 🙂