- 4 medium zucchinis cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Drizzle the zucchini strips with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, sea salt and oregano, stirring until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Add the zucchini to the grill and cook for 1 minute per side, until the grill marks start to show and the slices begin to brown.
- Transfer the zucchini to a heatproof dish and immediately pour the vinegar brine over the slices. Let sit for 10 minutes, until the brine cools to room temperature. Serve immediately or transfer to clean mason jar and store submerged in brine in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.