Zucchini Pasta Pomodoro
- 1 28oz. can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized into “noodles”
- Parma Crumbles (recipe below)
- Pine nuts
- Fresh Basil
For the Pomodoro Sauce:
- Add the first nine ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust sea salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pour your desired amount of sauce over your zucchini noodles, top with parma crumbles, pine nuts and fresh basil. Serve immediately.
For the Parma Crumbles:
- ½ cup raw cashews (not soaked)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion granules
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a mini food processor, roughly chop cashews.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse to combine, until mixture resembles a fine meal.