Grilled Corn & Heirloom Tomato Salad
w/ Farro + Shallot Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 cups farro, cooked according to package directions
- 2 ears grilled corn, kernels removed
- 1-cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed (and roasted, optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of plant-based feta cheese (I used Violife’s Just Like Feta)
For the Shallot Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/3-cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice + zest of 1 lime
- 1-teaspoon honey or agave
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- To make the vinaigrette: heat olive oil in small pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, cook until soft and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Then add the remaining vinaigrette ingredients and stir to combine.
- In large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients; except avocado, basil and feta.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Add remaining salad ingredients and serve immediately.