Here’s what comes to mind when I think about the PERFECT summer dessert…
- Fresh and seasonal
- Juicy and refreshing
- Naturally sweet
- Super delicious
If it’s quick, easy and grill-able…well, even better!
My Grilled Fruit Kebabs w/ Maple Grapefruit Glaze (and non-dairy Banana Ice Cream) are all the summer dessert things that’ll have ya sayin’ gimme some mo’ please!
Grilled Fruit Kebabs w/ Maple Grapefruit Glaze
- 1 recipe Maple Grapefruit Glaze (below)
- Pineapple, cut into chunks
- 4 peaches, cut into chunks or wedges
- 8 skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water for 2 hours. This prevents them from burning on the grill.
- Skewer pineapple and peaches.
- Place on grill (medium heat) and brush with Maple Grapefruit Glaze. Grill for 2 minutes, flip, and brush with more glaze. Grill for another 2 minutes.
BONUS IDEA: Use your favorite fruit! Watermelon, cantaloupe, bananas, and nectarines are all delicious grilled. Serve skewers with frozen banana cream or your favorite ice cream for an extra treat!
Maple Grapefruit Glaze
- ½ grapefruit
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Sea salt – pinch to taste
- Cayenne (optional to suit your taste)
- Place ½ grapefruit cut side down on grill. Grill for 5 minutes.
- Juice grilled grapefruit.
- Mix grapefruit juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne and brush on your favorite grilled fruits.
Banana Ice Cream
- Peel and freeze one banana, overnight.
- Blend peeled, frozen banana in a mini food processor – scraping down the sides, as needed – until smooth and creamy, approximately 2-4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Then be sure to let me know what you think.
I’m personally obsessed with grilling fruit – that natural caramelization that happens is everything! What’s your take on it?
Do you have a favorite summer sweet treat (besides these kebabs)?
And what about the banana ice cream – pretty amazing, right? I make it year round – usually topping it off with a lil nut butter, dark chocolate chips and shredded coconut, cause why not?!
P.S. Want a step-by-step tutorial for this recipe? Check out this episode of Nourished. In it, I’m indoor grillin’ these bad boys, along with a few of my other favorite summer BBQ foods.