Yesterday I had just a few minutes between meetings to sneak in lunch.
Normally this is my go-to when I need something fast and filling, but since I ran out of avocados, I was forced to switch things up.
The switch-up was so yummy I just had to share.
“Cheesy” Radish Sammy
- 1 slice of high-quality whole grain bread (I used Rudi’s Organic Spelt Ancient Grain)
- 1 tablespoon of Kite Hill Chive Cream “Cheese” (dairy-free)
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful of sprouts
- A few walnuts, chopped
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
Lightly toast your bread. Spread on the chive cream cheese. Layer the radishes and top with sprouts, walnuts, olive oil, salt and pepper.
I have to admit this non-recipe recipe was a random, spontaneous, last-minute, empty-the-fridge kind of sitch.
But the combo of creamy Kite Hill cheese with crunchy radish, fresh sprouts and walnuts (which not only added a great texture, but also extra protein and a dose of heart-healthy omega-3’s) was a winning one.
So, if you’re low on time and need a fast and easy AF lunch, give this one a try and as always, let me know what you think!