Homemade BBQ Sauce
- ½ teaspoon avocado oil
- ¼ cup onion, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons molasses
- 1-teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of cinnamon
- Heat oil in medium-sized pan over medium heat. When oil is hot add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the tomato sauce, paste, syrup, molasses, vinegar, aminos and mustard until well combined.
- Add the spices and seasonings, as you continue to whisk the mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over low heat, whisking often until sauce thickens, about 10-15 minutes.
- Use immediately or let cool and refrigerate for later use.