Today’s post is an impromptu one that comes from a question I get asked a lot.
“What do you eat everyday?”
Truthfully it varies, because my schedule is different every day, but it’s usually something quick, easy and nutrient-dense.
As a rule of thumb, I try to make sure that my meals and snacks provide a decent amount of good healthy fats, fiber, protein and some type of leafy green veg.
This is one of my favorite quick and easy go-to lunches.
Smashed avocado on sprouted, grainy toasted bread or crackers (my fave are these gluten-free Norwegian Crispbread crackers from Trader Joe’s) make the base of my sammy, then I pile on the toppings – a mix of veggies and greens.
I love the combo of arugula and heirloom tomatoes, with a sprinkle of sea salt.
But some other fun and delicious toppings are:
- Cucumber, hummus and hemp hearts
- Salsa, cashew sour cream and cilantro
- Quinoa tabbouleh
- Sun-dried tomatoes, dukkah spice blend and microgreens
- Chili flakes and crushed pistachio
- Sliced pear and chopped walnut
- Nut butter and kale chips (don’t knock this til ya try it!)
- Mango, harissa and radicchio
Now, it’s your turn to tell me some of your favorite everyday go-to’s. Are you a fan of avocado toast? If so, what are your favorite combos?
And what do you think of this non-recipe recipe post?
Let me know your thoughts down below!