Sunbutter Vegetable Curry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
For the Curry:
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard seed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add coconut oil.
- Add chopped vegetables, sprinkle with salt and sauté for 5 minutes until vegetables start to become soft. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until just fragrant.
- Add curry ingredients, except lemon juice to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring to combine. Cover and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes or until vegetables have softened to your desired liking.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Serve curry with brown rice or rice noodles.