When it comes to sweet, decadent, holiday treats, “healthy”, “sugar-free”, “gluten-free” and “vegan” are likely not the first words that come to mind. So you can imagine everyone’s surprise when they learn that my dark chocolate truffles are all those things and more.
Made with just five ingredients, these truffles are packed with superfoods – beyond dates, think cacao, which is an excellent source of antioxidants (AKA it’s anti-aging) – so you might as well have two (or three!).
They’re a non-guilty guilty pleasure to indulge in any day of the week.
And, if you’re looking for a rich, creamy, dark-chocolate-y dessert to make for your next holiday party, trust me…these are it!
Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 10 mejool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 2.5 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ cup ground pecans
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao powder
- Finely chopped nuts
- Sesame, hemp or chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Using your hands, roll the “dough” mixture into bite-sized balls.
- Roll the balls in your favorite toppings or enjoy plain.
- Refrigerate for up to a week.