- 1 8oz package of tempeh
- ¼ cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon onion granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Slice tempeh into ¼-inch strips and place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, except the olive oil, and pour over the tempeh strips.
- Allow tempeh to marinate for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and when hot, add oil.
- Add the marinated tempeh to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
TIP: Steaming tempeh for about 15-20 minutes before marinating or cooking it helps it absorb the flavors even better.