With summer winding down, I’m determined to be outside enjoying every last bit of warm, sunny weather there is.
That means whipping up dinners that are 1) light, refreshing and healthy (obviously) and 2) super quick and easy to prepare with minimal cooking required.
Less time in the kitchen means more time outdoors.
My Zucchini Primavera hits every mark.
It’s an ideal summer go-to, loaded with fresh veggies and herbs that you can pluck straight from the garden.
While I love roasting some of the veggies, you can skip that step and go totally raw – then it’ll require no cooking at all, making it the perfect dish for these last few weeks of hot summer nights.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, broken into tiny florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tablespoon of each: dried oregano, basil, parsley, onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup black olives, halved
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- On large rimmed baking sheet, toss the bell pepper, broccoli, and tomatoes with the oil, oregano, basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Roast until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, spiralize the zucchini, squash, and carrots and add to large bowl.
- Toss the veggie noodles with the roasted vegetable mixture to combine.
- Top with black olives and fresh basil leaves to serve immediately.