BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sammies
- 1 14 oz. can jackfruit packed in water
- 2 teaspoons of avocado oil
- ¼ of onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup bbq sauce
- Your favorite hamburger buns
- Drain jackfruit and shred into pieces.
- Heat avocado oil in pan on medium-high heat. When shimmering, add the onion and garlic. Sauté until tender about 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded jackfruit and all of the BBQ spices into the pan and toss well to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the BBQ sauce and coating the jackfruit completely. Cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Serve on toasted hamburger bun and top with simple slaw!
- Enjoy or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you want to go all out, try making this:
Homemade BBQ Sauce
And topping your sammy, with this:
Quick + Easy Vinegar Slaw