Curried Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons of cashew sour cream or vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cashews, roasted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon onion granules
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Place chickpeas in medium sized mixing bowl and mash with the back of a spoon or potato masher. You can mash them as smooth or coarse as you like.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Serve wrapped in Bibb lettuce leaves with a drizzle of leftover cashew sour cream.
This can also be served on gluten-free bread, with crackers, or added to greens.